The 2017 Innovation Cafe is is a forum for Oregon health system transformation champions to engage in peer-to-peer learning and networking.
CCO, clinic and other innovative health system leaders will present projects and discuss learnings focused on 3 CCO incentive metrics:
- Increasing effective contraceptive use to reduce unintended pregnancy
- Reducing tobacco prevalence
- Reducing ER use with a focus on behavioral health
Oregon CCO Metric
The Coordinated Care Organizations throughout Oregon manage the care for our Medicaid population and are tasked to improve health outcomes.
The Oregon Metrics and Scoring Committee added “Effective Contraception among women at risk for unintended pregnancy” as an incentivized metric for Coordinated Care Organizations and 2017 will be the 3rd year running. One Key Question is the #1 recommended clinical strategy to meet this metric for your health center.
We advocated for Oregon to be the first in the nation to adopt a preventive reproductive health metric to pave the way for ensuring women are receiving proactive care.
Here are resources to help you understand and meet the new ECU metric:
- FAQ- Effective Contraceptive Use Guidance Document- OHA
- Billing Information for Effective Contraceptive Use incentive metric 2017- OHA
- Patient-Centered Primary Care Institute: Contraception as a Quality Metric_Webinar Slides_FINAL
- Providing Quality Family Planning Services — Recommendations from CDC and the U.S. Office of Population Affairs, 2015